1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease muffin tin.
2. Mash the banana with a fork. Mix the sugar in with it and set aside.
3. Right away, mix together the 6 tbsp. of hot water and the 2 tbsp. flaxmeal. Let the banana and flaxmeal mixtures sit for 10 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the brown rice flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
5. In the bowl of your mixer, beat your butter for about 20 seconds, or until light and fluffy. Add first the flax mixture and beat until smooth. Scrape down the bowl.
6. Add to your mixture half of the dry ingredients, and blend until smooth.
7. Add all of the banana mixture and blend again, until well incorporated.
8. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
9. Add walnuts to mixture holding back 14 to
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup mashed, over-ripe bananas (about three)
2 tbsp flaxmeal
6 tbsp hot water
1 2/3 cup brown or red rice flour
1/3 ?? potato starch
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup toasted walnut halves (optional)